Funding Source: NIEHS, $2.4 million, 9/00-9/05: CONEH is funded through a separate grant but was part of CAAA intervention activities.
Goals & Objectives: To reduce exposure to physical and psychosocial environmental stressors associated with childhood asthma severity and exacerbation, and strengthen protective factors modifying the effect of these stressors.
- East side and southwest Detroit residents;
- African American and Hispanic;
- Detroit residents at-large.
- Detroit Hispanic Development Corporation
- Detroiters Working for Environmental Justice
- Friends of Parkside
- Latino Family Services
- United Community Housing Coalition
- Warren/Conner Development Coalition
- Detroit Health Department
- Henry Ford Health System
- Michigan Department of Agriculture-Pesticide and Plant Pest Management Division
- UM School of Public Health
- Community organizers work with CBOs/environmental groups to lower environmental asthma triggers.
- Community mobilization, policy advocacy, and networking.
- Asthma-related health status;
- Changes in perception of neighborhood environment;
- Changes in local/state environmental policies.
Methods & Analyses: Analysis will explore effect of neighborhood intervention on HH intervention. Qualitative data to assess change in perceptions/policy.
Results: Data not available.