Friends of Parkside Health Fair coming up soon!
Friends of Parkside Health Fair Coming Soon!
Friends Of Parkside will host its 11th Annual Parkside Health Fair, Wednesday, July 19th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at TVP II Community Center, located at 5000 Conner at Warren, on Detroit’s eastside. This year’s sponsors include Blue Cross Complete, Detroit Health Department, Mercy Primary Care Center, and Molina.
The following vendors and activities have been confirmed for the 11th Annual Parkside Health and Safety Fair Partial list):
• ACCESS Community Health and Research Center
• Black Mothers’ Breastfeeding Association
• Blue Cross Complete of Michigan
• Detroit Area Agency on Aging
• Communities Reducing Energy & Water
• Detroit East Medical Control Authority
• Detroit Fire Department
• Detroit Health Department
• Dr. Goold – University of Michigan
• Empowerment Zone Coalition
• Henry Ford Health System
• Karmanos Cancer Institute
• Legal Aid & Defender Association, Inc
• Lions of Michigan Hearing Center
• Mercy Primary Care Center
• Mobile Secretary of State Branch
• Molina Healthcare
• Michigan State University Extensions
• Northeast Guidance Center
• Office of State Senator Chang
• St. John Providence Mammography & Heart Units
Please bring state ID and insurance card (If you do not have insurance you may still be eligible.)
• Timbuktu Academy
• Wayne County SAFE
Give-A-Ways & Raffle Drawings (3 Kid Bikes, Gift Cards)
• Mobile Fire Safety House
• Mobile Secretary of State
• Children Services (Immunization, Lead testing, Vision & Hearing screenings) Children must be accompanied by parents.
• Free health screenings (Blood pressure, BMI, Mammography, Heart, STD)
• Workshops (Food Demo, Fire and EMS Training, Understanding your Lease, Opioid Overdose Training, Safe Sleep Education, Social Security Disability Benefits, Stop the Bleeding Training)
• Free refreshments
• Music & more!
Last year, more than 28 vendors and over 200 adults and children attend the health fair.